Poloniex crypto futures
What is Poloniex?
Poloniex derivatives trading platform is a global crypto asset exchange where traders can buy, sell and hold over 100 assets including BTC, ETH and the best altcoins on the market.
Main services: spot and margin trading of digital assets, futures trading, lending.
This exchange uses a standard model that actively stimulates market liquidity, each user can receive a lower commission for making transactions. The higher the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower the commission for all subsequent transactions. This model is especially important for the Poloniex exchange, as it supports more than 60 cryptocurrencies, all of which need to provide high trading volumes.
The exchange was launched in 2014 by entrepreneur Tristan D’Agosta, known in the crypto community under the pseudonym Busoni.
In February 2018, due to financial difficulties, the exchange was sold to Circle Internet Financial Ltd.
In 2019, the marketplace was taken over by Polo Digital Assets Ltd, which still owns it (January 2022).
Poloniex regularly holds various promotions, information about which is published in the "Leaderboard" section in the main menu. With their help, traders receive digital coins.
Developers offer smartphone owners to download official software to improve the convenience of trading cryptocurrencies on the stock exchange. The mobile app is designed for Android and iOS devices. It can be downloaded from the official Apple or Google stores, download the apk file from the marketplace website, or simply scan the QR code.
What are crypto derivatives?
Crypto derivatives are an agreement between a buyer and a seller for the future value of a digital asset. The participants in this transaction do not own the underlying asset for which the contract was drawn up. In this case, the subject of the transaction is the right to perform the contract.
There are several types of derivatives:
- CFD (contract for difference).
FUTURES is an agreement to sell or buy an underlying asset at a specified price in the future (hence the name). For example, you order a specific configuration of a car at a car dealership. It will be delivered in six months, and you will be obliged to buy a car at the agreed price.
There are also perpetual futures. They do not have a settlement or closing date, so they can be bought and sold at any time.
FORWARD - an over-the-counter contract for the sale of goods in the future. It is similar to futures, but less standardized. Futures are traded on the exchange, while forwards are traded through OTC. For example, you undertake to translate the book in the future, and the publisher - to pay for the finished work.
An OPTION is a contract that gives the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy a product at a specified price. For example, you ask to hold the goods until tomorrow because you do not have money with you.
A SWAP is two contracts: the purchase and sale of an underlying asset and the purchase and sale of the same asset in the future. This is a more complex version of the future. For example, you buy a specific configuration of a car, but at the same time you agree with a friend that you will sell this car to him at a higher price.
CFD (contract for difference) is a derivative for the price difference of the underlying asset. If during the term of the contract the asset has risen in price, the difference is paid by the seller. If it falls in price, the buyer pays it. Often such contracts are open-ended and are closed by the party that has such a right under the contract. For example, a store promises to refund the price difference if you find the same item cheaper.
Crypto derivatives exchanges are online platforms that allow anyone to access decentralized electronic money trading directly and without delay. With Poloniex derivatives trading platform help, trading crypto assets becomes easier.
A crypto derivative is an agreement by which the parties acquire the right or obligation to perform certain actions in relation to digital coins, that is, to buy or sell bitcoin or altcoins at a fixed price.
Parties: the buyer and the platform on which crypto derivatives are traded enter into an agreement to buy or sell an asset under certain conditions. All details are fixed in the transaction.
It is important to clarify that a whole group of financial instruments with their own characteristics is hidden under the term crypto derivatives. They are united by a common principle - the formation of agreements on a deal, which, in fact, will take place in the future.
Thus, cryptocurrency derivatives allow us to solve two main tasks - to reduce investment risks and make money on changes in the rate of digital coins.
How to trade Poloniex derivatives in the Philippines?
Poloniex cryptocurrency derivatives are divided into 2 types:
- Poloniex crypto FUTURES in the Philippines.In July 2020, the developers of the crypto exchange announced these contracts with 100x leverage. Users were offered only a bunch of BTC with USDT. The system is based on perpetual contracts. Poloniex crypto futures trading is very popular.
- Poloniex cryptocurrency SWAP trading. As the demand for perpetual services and DeFi projects grew, the JustSwap system was launched on the exchange. It is the first decentralized protocol based on the TRON blockchain.
Poloniex cryptocurrency derivatives trading takes place on the "Trade" tab.
Here you can carry out the basic operations of buying and selling cryptocurrencies by following the instructions below:
- In the upper left corner, select the exchange direction. There are about 300 trading pairs on the exchange, consisting of cryptocurrencies. Fiat is not on this list, but users can trade with the USDT stablecoin, which is equivalent to the dollar.
- After selecting the coins on the right, the graph of their rate is updated. Here you can track the trend, analyze and make forecasts. To do this, various tools are built into the chart.
- After determining the appropriate cost of buying or selling cryptocurrency, it remains to place an order. This can be done in the block at the left border of the screen. There are two options to choose from - limit and stop limit. If you need to place an order that will go to the glass only when the price set by the trader is reached, the second option is suitable. When there is no such additional condition, a limit order is sufficient.
- After filling in the empty fields to create a futures order, it remains to click the "Sell" or "Buy" button.
TRADING WITH POLONIEX DERIVATIVES IN THE PHILIPPINES AS FOLLOWS:
Step 1: In order to start trading, you need funds in your account. Poloniex cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform offers a large number of coin wallets that you can deposit into.
Step 2: The markets are divided into tabs and each tab lists multiple coins with the latest quotes. By selecting a coin from the list on a specific tab, you select a trading pair to buy or sell.
Step 3: To buy or sell a coin, go to the appropriate field and enter the desired price and number of coins.
Step 4: To complete your request, click the "Buy" button. Once you have placed an order, the system will look for a counterparty willing to sell at or below your ask price. If your bid price is below the lowest bid offered by the sellers, your order will be placed in the order book as an open order until a new sell order becomes available that either matches your bid price or is below your bid price. Then your order will be completed at that time.
Step 5: Once your order is filled, it will appear as one or more trades in the Trade History section.
How to register?
In order to register on Poloniex, you must:
- Follow the link below to the registration form;
- Fill in all required fields in the registration form;
- Create a personal password;
- Accept the user agreement;
- Click on Sign up and verify your mail by going to the mailbox specified during registration and clicking on the link in the letter.
How to open a real account?
- After registering click on the "Create an Account" link.
- In the registration form that opens, fill in all the fields and click on "Create Account".
- Next, you need to find a letter from Poloniex in your previously specified mailbox and confirm the mailing address. It is also recommended to enable two-factor authentication in the settings in order to secure your profile as much as possible.
To deposit funds, you must:
- Go to Balance - Deposits;
- Using the search, select the desired cryptocurrency from the list;
- Click Deposit;
- Having received the cryptocurrency address, transfer the required number of coins to it.
When replenishing an account with fiat, you can conduct transactions in the amount of $50 or more. With cryptocurrencies, there are no hard minimum limits. But you need to take into account the amount of lots for the cryptocurrencies with which you are going to make transactions. In other words, if you deposit too little into the deposit, you will not be able to trade the selected pair.
How to withdraw money?
To withdraw funds from the exchange to your wallet, follow the instructions:
- In your personal account, you need to find the BALANCES tab and select Deposits & Withdrawals;
- Next, you press the Withdraw button, which is located on the right;
- In the field that appears, fill in the address of the wallet to which the funds will be transferred later (Adress), and then enter the required amount, taking into account the commission (Amount);
- Once the data is entered, click Withdraw;
- To complete the operation, you need to go to the mail associated with the exchange account and confirm the withdrawal of funds by clicking on the link from the letter. After the application is approved and the blockchain network confirms, the money will go to the specified wallet.
If you have long wanted to try working with cryptocurrency and earn income from it, then the time has come. Start trading with one of the best exchanges, good luck!